Iran LNG Co. intends to build a green field LNG plant on the west coast of the Islamic Republic of Iran, at Tombak. Two parallel LNG trains with a total production of 10.8 MMTPA of LNG will be installed. In addition to LNG, the plant will produce LPG, condensate and sulfur. The feed gas will be supplied from the South Pars gas producing area. Expansion of current two LNG trains to four trains is already foreseen for the future development.
IRAN LNG Project has been divided into upstream and midstream developments. The upstream development, which is outside of the scope of ILC, provides for the following facilities:
- Offshore platforms and sea lines
- Slug catcher and condensate treatment
- Condensate storage and loading facilities
- Pipeline for delivery of feed gas from South Pars gas producing area up to Iran LNG battery limit.
The LNG project midstream development consists of the LNG plant, including storage and loading facilities and has been divided into the following packages:
- LNG Plant (PACKAGE I), which includes process, utilities and offsite areas, including loading facilities (top work) and buildings
- Storage Tanks (PACKAGE II) which includes LNG and LPG Tanks
- Harbour and Jetties (PACKAGE III)
The overall block flow diagram of the project is shown as following (only one process units is presented):